Today is the final Saturday before the Auburn Tigers kickoff the 2013 football season against the Arkansas Razorbacks at home in Jordan-Hare Stadium. This time next week, you’ll be settling in to watch your favorite pre-game show, taking in some breakfast at the tailgate, or visiting Fly War Eagle to stay up to date with all the information you need.
- Last night was big for Auburn recruiting. The Tigers landed a top 50 national basketball recruit in Danjel Purifoy. The 6-foot-7 forward participated in the Under Armour dunk contest on ESPNU and used the opportunity to make his college choice known.
- Kerryon Johnson had already been committed to play football for the Auburn Tigers, so there was no announcement for him on ESPNU, other than the one he made on the field. Alabama’s top rated player by ESPN.com will make highlight reels today for his athletic leaping ability and nose for the end zone.
- Speaking of basketball, the Tigers will begin the 2014-2015 on national television for the very first time with a 9pm tipoff on ESPNU November 14. Auburn will host Milwaukee.
- Cam Newton took the field for the Carolina Panthers last night. Unfortunately, he also had to take X-rays on his re-injured back.
- The season opener for the Auburn Tigers soccer time was last night. The Tigers lost 2-1 to Clemson.
- If you take a walk near Toomer’s Corner, you’ll notice a new set of eagles on the gates.
- Saturday Down South and Emory Sports Marketing Analytics ranked the SEC fan bases. Auburn was given the third spot.
Tags: Auburn Tigers